.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

World Cup 2006

Friday, May 26, 2006

England 'B' 1 Belarus 2

Robert Green's injury was utterly absurd. Even I have never done such a thing. You know, sorry for the lad, but at least he's easily replaced and we'll hardly know he's missing.

A disappointing affair by all accounts (apart from Sven's account in which case it was a very useful affair, apart from the losing bit, although that isn't important). I didn't watch it. I only saw the 'highlights' on Sky Sports News. I'm saving myself for the big matches. Marathon not a sprint!

I was watching the Sopranos instead because I bid for all five box sets on eBay, and I won them, at a ridiculous price (ok, so they arrived from China and there are a few typos on the packaging, but never mind that, they're at least 99 per cent legit). So that's what I'll be mainly doing instead of watching Big Brother 7. I really can't be putting the time in with that as well as the World Cup.

I have also avoided ITV's ridiculous Soccer Aid, which has been on all this week. As far as I can gather, it's celebs and ex-players goofing about for charity. Robbie Williams is involved. I read that Maradona is making a surprise appearance in the 'Final' which is tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye out for that. Just one eye.

Rooney's toe scan results expected any minute... we are anticipating a mighty battle as Fergie refuses to let him go whatever the outcome. Best chance looks like he could be fit to play in about a month (UPDATE: he won't know for another three weeks). I'm not getting my hopes up. The sensible option would be to replace him with Defoe now.

1 Comments:

  • Hey - thanks for the link to my podcast (http://soccershout.com).

    We're doing special world cup shows involving a whole host of podcasters and bloggers. Drop me a line for how you can get involved in this cool world cup project, and boost your audience in the process!

    soccershout.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

This blog has been thoroughly enjoyed by sports fans