.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

World Cup 2006

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mandy enjoys a Toohey's New Shandy in the Surf Rock Cafe in Collaroy before the penalty.

It was never a penalty ref. Was it? I mean I know you've got to watch your footing in the penalty area, especially with the Italians, but that close to extra time I mean come on. We wanted extra time. Not some anti-climactic dodgy decision.

This is Mandy and Louisa in the first half before the effects of beer at 2am on 3 hours sleep started to take effect. You can tell that because in this picture they are standing up.

A terrible way for Australia to go out, especially considering how much above their expected level of performance they'd played in their 4 games.

Despite the penalty incident, Neill was for me their player of the tournament.

I can still taste beergate (a new cocktail I invented for the World Cup contining beer and Colgate).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

This blog has been thoroughly enjoyed by sports fans