.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

World Cup 2006

Friday, June 09, 2006

One Day

I'm mainly concentrating on the Metro Free World Cup Fantasy Football game, though I'm not that interested in it, but there's a small league going with some of the guys I play football with. Other than that, the office sweepstake takes place tomorrow, in the kitchen, two pounds each, big hat. Last night, I dreamed that I picked out Saudi Arabia and pretended I was happy about it.

The BBC (bless em) are showing all their games LIVE online so people can watch in the office, while pretending to work. Only available to UK internet users (licence fee thing). Is Aussie TV showing everything? There was some whinger on telly this morning going on about the £100m British business will lose by people watching the World Cup. Where's it going exactly? And who's losing it? I'd gladly pay £100m to win the World Cup. Just like Roman Abramovich's happy to fork out £200m to win the Premiership the Champions League and the Grand National.

London is awash in flags, hanging from windows, attached to cars. This time tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

This blog has been thoroughly enjoyed by sports fans