.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

World Cup 2006

Friday, June 09, 2006

I just ignored my own advice and entered the work sweepstake as well. $10 entry and $320 to the winner. I drew .... wait for it ... France, which could have been worse. My boss got Togo. I didn't even bother trying to make him feel better, that's $10 down the drain.

Australia is gearing up for the opening ceremony. SBS has a gubberama of programming from 7pm tonight, and the ceremony starts at midnight. The opener kicks off at 2am. I am not going to bed.

I have beer in the fridge, the heating's on, Mandy's making dinner and I feel prepared and ready to go.

Flag watch *** Flag watch *** Flag watch
There aren't that many flags in Sydney, but the Sun Herald (Sunday rag) gave away a free Australia car flag (one of those jobbies that attaches to the window). But they weren't very well made so every now and again you see green and gold fabric and bits of plastic lining the streets.

More updates later. SBS coverage starting now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

This blog has been thoroughly enjoyed by sports fans